Youth preparing for Confirmation are challenged to deepen their commitment to their own formation.
In addition, members of the community mentor them through the formal preparation process. They participate in several sessions and community-wide activities with their parents, families and sponsors.
As you prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation, youth and parents should:
- Participate weekly in Mass
- Ongoing, consistent participation in Faith Formation for at least two consecutive years prior to being considered candidates for Confirmation in tenth grade
- Sincere and humble desire to receive the spiritual strength offered in Confirmation
- Formally petition for the Sacrament of Confirmation to the Bishop by letter
- Full participation in the Confirmation Preparation process
- Commitment to continuous faith formation
- Ongoing involvement in service and Youth Ministry
If one or more of these expectations is not met, we ask that you wait until you are able to prepare yourself properly for Confirmation.
The Confirmation Mass will be held at Resurrection on Saturday, March 11, 2017, at 4:00 p.m. with Abbot Dismas Kalcic, OSB. Rehearsal will be Wednesday, March 8 from 7-9:00 p.m. ALL Confirmandi and sponsors (or a parent if the sponsor is not available) must attend.